CHP2: Successful Models for CHP Solutions
Tue. March 20| 2:45 PM - 4:00 PM | Jackson A/B
From planning through operation, successful combined heat and power solutions required detailed planning for system and economic viability. This session will discuss broad range CHP project developments, onsite generation approaches, and waste to energy and industrial case studies. Recommended CEUs .1/PDHs 1.25
PRESENTATIONS INCLUDED (SPEAKERS LISTED ALPHABETICALLY, NOT IN PRESENTATION ORDER):
- CHP Development - Positioning for Success
Scott Leigh, Project Development - Power Consulting, HDR Engineering
- Eric Neal, Thermal Performance Eng., Alliant Energy
- Roger Nagel, Vice President - Power Consulting, HDR Engineering
- CHP and the Transformation of On-Site Power Generation
Gary Farmer, Regional Gas Sales Manager NA, MTU Onsite Energy
- Cogeneration Solutions Using Renewable Fuels - Case Studies
Dalia El Tawy, Director, Thermal Power Solution, Siemens Energy
- Power/Water Solutions: Using Thermal Energy from CHP Plants to Treat Challenging Waste Waters
John Weigold, Director of Business Development, Heartland Water Technology, Inc.
After this session you'll be able to:
- Add to your understanding of the financial and technical analysis required to build a business case for CHP.
- Gain insight into the range of CHP technologies that are available and how they differ.
- Learn from a specific case study about the importance of correct technology selection.
Why this is important:
Project success almost always depends on choosing the right technology, understanding the underlying economic factors, and applying insights from both analyses throughout the development process.
Track: EP-Challenges, Advances And Real-World Application Of Combined Heat & Power
Vice President Power Generation and Energy
Commonwealth Associates, Inc.
Director, Thermal Power Solutions
Regional Gas Sales Manager NA
MTU Onsite Energy
Project Development - Power Consulting
Director of Business Development
Heartland Water Technology, Inc.